Technology plays a pivotal role in the creation of new knowledge and creative activities. The University of Arkansas is committed to supporting researchers by providing the following tools and resources to aid in their pursuit of academic discovery.
- The Arkansas High Performance Computing Center (AHPCC) provides expertise, high performance computing hardware, storage, support services,
and training to enable computationally-intensive and data-intensive research
- Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) is a virtual system that scientists around the world can use to interactively share
computing resources, data and expertise.
- The Nebula Cloud Platform is an on-campus service that offers secure and resizable computing, storage and networking resources for research, software development and testing.
- Data Carpentry provides training on discipline-specific data types with particular concentrations
in ecology, genomics, geospatial data and social science.
- Gartner provides objective IT-related research and insights on tools, trends and topics of
interest to enterprise scale organizations.
- University Libraries: Research Data Management contains information about data management plans, data curation, data sources and
other data topics.
- Qualtrics is the university's official online survey tool.
- Eduroam provides secure wireless access to visitors from participating institutions and makes
wireless access available to UARK users when traveling to participating institutions.
- UARK Central Login allows researchers to access applications at other member institutions using a UARK
username and password as part of the university's membership in the InCommon Federation,
operated by Internet2. Currently, University of Arkansas users can access research.gov using UARK Central Login.
- Online conferencing allows researchers to initiate, conduct or participate in one-to-one or one-to-many online conferences using Skype for Business, Blackboard Collaborate or Webex.
Research Support and Consulting
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs assists investigators with the process of finding funding sources, submitting proposals
and managing awards.
- Research Data Services offers statistical software support, research database support, one-on-one consultation and assistance with research methods and analysis.
- HPC University (HPCU) is a virtual organization whose primary goal is to provide a cohesive, persistent
and sustainable online environment to share educational and training materials for
a continuum of high performance computing (HPC) environments that span desktop computing
capabilities to the highest-end of computing facilities offered by HPC centers.
- Software Carpentry teaches researchers in science, engineering, medicine and related disciplines the computing skills they need to get more done in less time and with less pain.