Legacy VPN Windows Setup (Pulse Secure)
Heads up! Pulse Secure will be retired July 1, 2019. Starting in spring 2019, GlobalProtect is the supported app for VPN connections. Get started with GlobalProtect.
Install Pulse Secure to connect to the University of Arkansas virtual private network (VPN) or University Libraries VPN using Windows.
- Click to download the appropriate installer for your computer.
- When prompted, choose to run the installer.
- When installation is complete, click the Pulse Secure icon in the Windows icon tray to open the application.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add a new connection.
- In the Name field, enter a description for the connection, for example, "UARK VPN" or "Library VPN."
- In the Server URL field, enter "vpn.uark.edu."
Note: To connect to the University Libraries VPN, enter "vpn.uark.edu/library."
- Click Add. The new connection should appear in the Connections list.
- Select the VPN and click Connect.
- Enter your UARK username and password and check the "Save settings" box.
- Click Connect to start a VPN session. To end a session, click Disconnect in the main Pulse Secure window.
Windows 7 64-bit users must edit a registry key in order to install this application.